Can you believe that October is over?? We have been cooped up in our houses for 7 months😱😱!!! We have been attending online classes for 7 months!! We haven’t met our friends for 7 months!! Whaaaat? And you know the worst thing? Me and my friends still haven’t had our After-Board party😭. Like we worked so hard, so so hard and managed to score well (Well, I score waaaaaay beyond my expectations in boards) and thanks to Corona, we couldn’t even party. Hopefully though, we will meet soon.
Sorry for that rant, I am just in a very crappy mood today.
Okay, so moving on to the wrap-up. October has been an exceedingly great month, blogging-wise. We reached a hundred followers, we reached a hundred and fifty followers, we reached the greatest number of likes in a day and October even had the highest number of views- month wise (More than 3k- more than all other months I have been blogging combined). We also reached 1k likes and comments. So, first off, thank you for all your support.
Let’s begin the wrap-up!
1. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
2. Tower of Nero by Rick Riordan
3. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
4. Spoiler Alert (A book I DNFed, because of a reading slump) by Olivia Dade
5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
6. Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
7. Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas
8. Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas
I went into a reading slump in the middle of the month, but thankfully Sarah J. Maas came to the rescue! 8 (technically 7 and a half, I DNF-ed Spoiler Alert) books in a month isn’t too bad though.
WWW Wednesdays and Favourite Fridays:
I just did one WWW Wednesday and 2 Favourite Fridays this month, since it was getting a bit too hectic for me.
WWW Wednesday #6
Favourite Friday #4 | My favourite time and place to read
Favourite Friday #5 | My favourite childhood book
These are my favourite posts to do!! I enjoyed tagging people from all over the community and came across some really amazing blogs!
1. The Small Joys Tag
2. The Bookish Snob Tag
3. Finally Fall Book Tag
4. Never Have I Ever Book Tag
5. This or That Book Tag
6. The Beauty and Beast Book Tag
7. Halloween Song Book Tag (Halloween Special)
8. Halloween Movie Book Tag (Halloween Special)
Becca @Toastie Books tagged me for the My Life in Books Tag but since I have already done it, I couldn’t do it again☹. However, thank you Becca for tagging me!
Also, let me know some interesting tags you have read this month and I might just give them a go!
And all of you are nominated for all the above tags!
I was tagged for four awards (Like whoa!) this month:
1. The Black Cat Blue Sea Award (Thanks Naemi for nominating me)
2. The Sunshine Blogger Award #2 (Thanks Georgia for nominating me)
3. The Outstanding Blogger Award (Thanks again Naemi for nominating me)
4. The Black Cat Blue Sea Award #2 (Thanks Leah for nominating me)
I just reviewed one movie this month, even though I watched quite a few. The movie I reviewed was All The Bright Places.
I also wrote a post on a very sensitive yet important topic- sexual harassment. Check the post here.
I also changed the graphics of my posts and the design of my blog this month. What do you think of it? Let me know in the comments! I love it when you guys give me feedback.
So, in one of my posts this month I announced that I would list my favourite posts of the month in my wrap-up. And I keep my promises. So here they are! (I have linked to the posts I have mentioned so just click on the blog name and you will be there!)
1. Nehal @Books and Words and Tiction @Fictionally Crazy announced the introduction of a new tag by them- GIF-y Love. For more details click here. Tiction also shared a beautiful quote on reading- check it out here.
2. Krupali @Musing of Souls wrote an awesome bit of poetry titled Remember. Do check it out, you will NOT regret it. (It was so difficult just picking this one out, all of her poems are so so deep)
3. Aria @Book Nook Bits started a new feature on her blog named My Bookish Rambles. It is really great so do check it out!
4. Chelsey @The Travelling Reader did an interesting post: Team This or Team That?, wherein she chose between two famous characters of a novel.
5. Erin @Reading on a Star did a delicious tag: The Cake Flavoured Book Tag. Even though she didn’t tag me, I intend to do it soon!
6. Akshita @Akshita1776 did a very interesting post wherein she had an imaginary conversation with a question paper. I found it very relatable!
7. Isabella @All You Need is Love and Books (The name *sighs* ) did a very interesting post which had an oxymoronic title My All-Time Favourite Posts (Right-Now). Isabella is a new blogger but a great one, nevertheless!
8. The Orangutan Library (She is a really senior blogger and a book blogger celebrity and I probably have no place adding her post here but okay, whatever) did a really awesome and brutally honest post wherein she discussed about whether or not does Book Twitter actually reflect the views of the reading community.
9. Anoushka @The Expressive Sapien wrote a short story titled Nervous which was just beautiful.
10. Harshi @ON THE CREATIVE EDGE did a post on the side effects of social media- something we all need to read.
11. Cherelle @Cherelle the Bibliophile did a bookish musical post which was amazing.
Which interesting posts did you read this month? Leave the link in the comments!
That’s it for this month’s wrap-up. These are the things I have asked you to let me know in the comments, so do let me know!:
1. Interesting tags you came across this month
2. What do you think of my new graphics?
3. Interesting posts you have read this month
4. Do you think I post a bit too much? I post according to my whims and fancies and that turns out to be nearly everyday! What say you, my dear reader?
Thanks for reading! Let me know your thoughts in the comments!!
Hope you have a great November!
P.S.- We hit 150 followers on Thursday!!
*Hosts virtual party, plays my favourite songs- Fallin’ by Why Don’t We, Black and White by Niall Horan, few Taylor Swift songs and few 1D songs. Also distributes cake to all my supporters (a.k.a, YOU) 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍺🍺🍺🍺 (Some Butterbeer)🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦(Ice Cream)🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕(Pizza too!)🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁(Cupcakes of course)🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬🍬And toffees🎂🎂🎂 and more cake!
Also, did you guys receive a notification when you reached 1337 likes?? Cause weirdly I did! And I found it super super weird!