Hey Guys! Welcome to another Tag Thursday! Today I will be doing the NOPE! Book Tag, two award posts and a little something. I know I don’t usually do awards on Thursday but I literally have like 5 pending posts (excluding these) and I need to fit it all, so here we are!
The NOPE! Book Tag
I was tagged for this by Rose @Wanders Between Pages. Please ensure that you check her blog out as it is extremely cool!! This was created by Zoe over at All Booked on Youtube, so please check her out!
- NOPE! Ending: a book ending that made you go NOPE either in denial, rage or simply because the ending was crappy
All the Bright Places- part of the reason I dislike it, is the fact that its ending sucks.
- NOPE! Protagonist: a main character you dislike and drives you crazy
Emma from You Are Here. I just loathe her and I rarely dislike characters from Jennifer E. Smith’s books let alone the MC.
- NOPE! Pairing: a “ship” you don’t support
I do not support Rowan and Aelin. Now, I know this will break many hearts and some of you might start hating me- but the chemistry between them seemed forced and was a bit overdone. Like, you come to know when two characters were meant to be together, Aelin and Rowan weren’t. I am more of a Dorian and Aelin shipper.
Also, Ron and Hermione seemed a little off to me. I don’t know, they never really struck.
- NOPE! Genre: a genre you will never read
Horror and Non-fiction. I won’t say never, but I won’t be reading them in the near future at least.
- NOPE! Book format: book formatting you hate and avoid buying until it comes out in a different edition
There is no format I hate. I do not read (or listen?) to audiobooks, but I am fairly comfortable with the other formats.
- NOPE! Trope: a trope that makes you go NOPE
Instalove! I mean, come on, that never happens to anyone in real life. I used to like it before but now I just don’t. I mean, how do you not know that that the guy you have fallen in love with at first sight is not a murderer or a rapist or whatever? He might be handsome but that does not necessarily mean that he is good, right? These things apply to girls as well. Like how does a guy know that she is not a b*tch or something?
- NOPE! Recommendation: a book recommendation that is constantly pushed at you, that you simply refuse to read
There is no such recommendation that I refuse to read but there are dozens of books that I am unable to read because of well, my never-ending TBR
- NOPE! Cliche: a cliche or writing pet peeve that always makes you roll your eyes
Well, as explained above, instalove. Also, in a romance story, when there’s this out of the blue declaration of being in love. I want to see the build up. I want it to be blatantly obvious through actions and other words, before the MC is struck by the realization that he /she really is in love with the other person.
- NOPE! Love interest: the love interest that’s not worthy of being one
Maeve from Throne of Glass. To think that someone actually loved her🤮.
- NOPE! Book: a book that shouldn’t have existed
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It makes zero sense.
- NOPE! Villain: a villain you would hate to cross
Erawan from Throne of Glass.
- NOPE! Death: a character death that still haunts you
What? Just one? Well here is a list for you.
Note: Spoiler Alert
1. Sirius Black from Harry Potter
2. Fred Weasley from Harry Potter
3. Hedwig from Harry Potter
4. Arrow of Dodona from Trials of Apollo
5. Nehemia from Throne of Glass
6. Gavriel from Throne of Glass
7. Asterin and the Thirteen from Throne of Glass
8. Salil Singh from A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder
Yup, I think that is it.
- NOPE! Author: an author you had a bad experience reading for and have decided to quit
Well, I have no answers for this.
- Tiction @Fictionally Crazy (I have talked about her so often on my blog, that if you haven’t visited her blog already, shame on you! Especially if you regularly read my posts!)
- Megan @Hey, I’m Reading (Hey, I am reading too! Kidding, this is a blog you need to visit too!)
- The Merry Loner (Another book lover introvert, whose posts I enjoyed reading!)
- Amy @Get Cozy Book Nook (Publisher of great bookish content, here is where you may make a new blogger friend!)
- Sumedha @The Wordy Habitat (Her blog is so so so so awesome that I don’t even have words to praise it. You just need to go visit it)
- Daria @Bookaholic’s Therapy (I. Love. The. Blog. Name.)
- Yolanda @Past Midnight (She writes some really awesome book reviews)
- Janelle @Meanderings of a Bookworm (I loved some of her reviews- she is a supremely underrated blogger)
- Eworgo @The Romance Reader (All romance lovers- head this way.)
- Ashley @The Infinite Library (An Australian who does awesome book tags and has really cool graphics!)
- Pilar @The Bookworm Shelf (She has a very lively interactive blog with loads of bookish content!)
- Alexandra @Chapters x The Page (She writes awesome reviews and does cool tags!)
- the most important tagee is…
The Liebster Award
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Laura @The Corner of Laura. A huge thanks to her and a shout-out for having such an amazing blog!
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Nominate 11 other Bloggers.
4. Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- If you could move out of 2020 and into any other time period in history, which would it be?
Well, I guess I would move into 2018 because… reasons.
- Where’s your favourite place to read?
Anywhere, provided I have my headphones and playlist with me.
- If you could be any (existing) fictional character, which one would you be?
Lara Jean from To All the Boys I’ve Loved or Cath from Fangirl. Judge me all you want to.
- What was the last time you stayed up way too late to finish a book?
Just about a week ago I guess, when I was reading Kingdom of Ash.
- Audiobooks, physical books or eBooks?
Well, everybody loves physical books. But because they are not-so cost effective, I end up reading a lot of ebooks.
- Which book would you love to see a TV adaption of?
Throne of Glass!! I wouldn’t mind seeing a movie adaptation of Turtles All the Way Down and Fangirl, but I swear if they make a movie of TOG, I will kill them. They need to make a TV series of it as the movie will leave out all the details.
- If you could bring back a fashion trend, which one would it be?
Shaded T-shirts. I know it isn’t old exactly, but then I am not either!
- If you could visit any fictional place, which would it be?
I have done a post on this: Check it out here. (Sorry, I am just too lazy to type it all out again, when I already have it ready.)
- Teleportation or flying?
Teleportation, for sure.
- Who is your favourite Disney character?
- What is your favourite item you bought this year?
Hmm… I don’t know, maybe the seven books sitting on my bookshelf, waiting to be read. Actually, I can’t say anything yet as my birthday is yet to come- that is when I can truly answer the question.
And I tag:
- My Book Affinity (A fellow Christie lover, you definitely need to check the blog out!)
- Leyanis @The Blogger and the Geek (Her name says enough, need I say more?)
- FallenStar Stories (If you are looking for children’s books- this is your stop)
- May @Dreamer of Books & Coffee (Awesome content writer and a PJO lover as well)
- Kira Jeanette (A big book blogger (as in her blog community is huge) and a must-visit one)
- Lauren @Bookish Lauren (Another big book blogger who writes awesome book reviews)
- Paper Hearts (She does awesome tags and has some really awesome bookish content!)
- Zoe Karoline (Zoe writes some really relatable reader stuff!)
- Alex @The Scribe Owl (Alex has a very energetic blog with fabulous content!)
- Stormy @Stormy Reads YA (An awesome book review writer!!)
- Addie @Shining Star (A rather new but talented blogger!)
- What is the one thing you cannot tolerate in a book?
- What are your hobbies besides blogging?
- Some advice for your fellow bloggers?
- Dogs or Cats? Why?
- If you had to move to some other country for some reason, which country would it be?
- Your Covid experience in 8 words?
- Which language do you want to learn completely some day?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- When is your birthday?
- Have you ever read a play by Shakespeare? If yes, which one and did you enjoy reading it? If not, then do you aspire to read one someday?
- Describe yourself in 11 words.
Beautiful Blogger Award
I was nominated for this award by Jheel @Krisha’s Cozy Corner. She and Krisha have an amazing blog going on, so do check it out! Thank you so much Jheel for the nomination! It really means a ton!!
Rules to this award:
- Link to the blogger who has nominated you.
- List 7 random facts about you.
- Nominate 7 creative, beautiful bloggers and let them know about the nomination
Random facts about me:
- I am an ambivert who is almost an introvert- like if I just develop one more introverted characteristic, I will end up becoming an introvert.
- I am not so good with words and their pronunciation (Wow, the irony- a blogger who isn’t good with words. But I ain’t kidding- books are the only things which make me less awkward.)
- I enjoy baking and cooking. Just recently, I baked a cookie and cream cake, a wheat flour cake and a couple of Indian sweets.
- I was born on 8 December, 2004. [Yes, I can barely wait for mi cumpleanos! (My birthday in Spanish)]
- I can speak English and Hindi very fluently and also know a bit of Spanish.
- My favourite subjects are Math, Chemistry and English.
- I love solving sudokus. I have also taken to solving crosswords lately.
- Jessica @The Mermaid Reader (A recent discovery, her blog is a must visit!)
- Tiction @Fictionally Crazy ( Again, I have talked about her so often on my blog, that if you haven’t visited her blog already, shame on you! Especially if you regularly read my posts!)
- Sam @Literary Delirium (Another new discovery, she is a fellow margherita pizza lover! She is a great book blogger as well!)
- Cherelle @Cherelle the Bibliophile (A cheery book blogger, another
- Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner
- Carl @The Pine Scented Chronicles
- Dyami @Operation X (She writes cool random stuff, just check the blog out)
So, as some of you might know I am taking part in the Taylor Swift Read-a-thon. It has been exactly one week since I announced this and since then I have managed to finish 5 out of the 8 books I am supposed to read. Hence, I am raising my bar to 13 and I will be reading 13 books for the read-a-thon.
So, following are the additional five books that I will be reading:
Hey Stephen: Read a book with a name in the title
For this I pick….
Innocent: Read a book you know nothing about
For this I pick a Sidney Sheldon novel- The Silent Widow. I literally know nothing about the author or the book- not even its Goodreads rating.
You’re Not Sorry: Read the sequel to a book that destroyed you
I pick Good Girl, Bad Blood. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder destroyed me, but in a good way.
How You Get the Girl: Read a nonfiction
Yes, I am going to read a non-fiction.
Wildest Dreams: Read a book that inspired a movie
I pick The Kissing Booth for this one.
That’s it for today guys! You know, I am thinking that I should include awards for Thursdays too. It will be more organized.
So, what did you think of my answers? Did you find the tag and the answers interesting? Will you participate in the read-a-thon? It isn’t too late! Let’s chat in the comments!!!
Also, if and when you do the tag please create a pingback!! And feel free to do the tag even if I haven’t tagged you!! And of course, check out all these blogs!!