Hey everyone! So I had asked y’all to ask me questions on my blogiversary, and today I will be answering them!! So, let’s go already!
- If you could adopt any book character into your family, whom would you pick and why?
Ooh, this is difficult. But I think I will go with Hermione because A. She is a witch B. She is super smart and C. She will be able to keep my family safe.
- If you don’t mind sharing, what was one of your most embarrassing experiences?
I honestly cannot recollect. Like I am sure I have done plenty of embarrassing things, but I cannot recollect any one of them.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Well, I definitely want to be working and earning for myself. I also hope to own a small apartment, so that I know that I always have a place to go to, that is wholly mine. I also hope to have published a bestselling novel.
- Why are cats awesome?
Hmm…. this is the most difficult question to answer, because, you know, they aren’t awesome.
Why did you start your blog?
There were several reasons:
1. It was the beginning of lockdown, and I wanted to occupy myself with something.
2. I have always wanted a place where I can share my thoughts on books and stuff.
- What’s your favorite food?
Okay, so there’s this Indian dish- Rajma Chawal, which is my favourite food. I also like a type of Indian chaat- Pani Puri. And as for food that’s not Indian, I like white sauce pasta (it should be made by me), mac ‘n’ cheese and margerita pizza.
- What’s your favorite bookish trope?
Enemies-to-lovers all the way!
- What’s something that you enjoy doing that is NOT reading or writing?
Baking and playing instruments. Oh, and I love binge watching shows and movies.
- What’s something that keeps you blogging?
My love for reading and the blogging community!
- What’s something that makes you not want to blog?
People who always ask me to follow them, when they follow me.
- What motivates you to have continued blogging?
As aforementioned, my love for reading and the blogging community.
- What are your goals for a second year?
Well, in 11th grade, I was much freer than I am going to be in the 12th grade, so for now, it’s just to keep blogging regularly.
- What has been your proudest achievement, blog related or life related?
Blog related, it’s definitely going to be the fact that in about an year, I have amassed nearly 500 followers. Life related has got to be the fact that I scored really well in my 10th board exams and the fact that my poem’s gonna be in an anthology (That still seems so surreal!!).
These are a lot so brace yourselves! They are actually very interesting!
- How did you get the idea for your book “The Musical Love Story of Noah and Lisa”?
So, it is actually a very basic and cliched book (at least until now), and I have always wanted to write a book, so I thought of starting off by a basic, cliched book, just to get into writing you know. So, it’s just a very basic idea, which came in from reading too many YA romance novels.
- What’s your ideal type? Describe.
Wow, um, pretty straightforward, huh? Well, I don’t know. Someone who makes me happy , you know. He should be like my best friend- I should be able to be goofy with him, but I should be comfortable talking to him about serious stuff too. And he should be honest and loyal. Like that is the top thing. After that, he should be funny.
- I keep forgetting your birthday, so tell me, when’s your birthday?
- Why is your blog named ‘Whispering Stories’? It’s cool, but is there any story behind it?
Not really, I found this name on a website, and it has a nice ring to it, so…. I am actually terrible at coming up with names, so well.
- How will you remember that you are tagged or nominated for some award or tag? Like, I’ve seen you keep it pending, but don’t you forget doing at least of them?
I actually used to complete all of my tags in the same week, until January, when I started the blogger interviews. Since then, I have a separate post in my drafts wherein I keep the record of whatever posts I have been tagged for, and not completed yet. Here’s a sneak peek to it:
- How do you write a poem?
I can’t write poems out of the blue. I write them whenever I feel a strong surge of emotion pass through me.
- What’s your all-time favorite memory?
I have yet to make one. I have many good ones, but I don’t think I have a favourite one yet.
- What book has impacted you the most?
I would have to say The Midnight Library. We often don’t realise that the life we have is perfect, but it actually is better than all the lives we might have had.
- If you were going to get a tattoo, what would you get and why?
Ah, this is difficult! I guess I might get the initials of my name -RB tattooed, so that I never forget that even if nobody else is with me, I am with me. I don’t know if this makes sense or not.
- If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Uh, I don’t know. I guess one of them would be that I get to live a good stable life and another would be that I want to bring a change in the world. The third one probably wouldn’t be so philosophical😂
- If you had to describe yourself in only three words, what would you choose? What words do you think your friends would choose to describe you?
Loyal, honest and diligent.
I didn’t know how my friends would describe me, so I asked them, and here are their replies
1. Approachable, Understanding, Bookworm
2. Bookworm, Smart, Goofy
- Do you believe in soulmates?
Well, I don’t know. I do, I guess, but it is nearly impossible to find yours.
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
I don’t know, I have received so many😛😂
- When are you planning to listen to BTS?
Soon, look, I can handle one boy/man band at a time, and I am in a Why Don’t We phase right now, so. I promise I will listen to em.
- When will you read the Giver quartet??!
Again, I will read it someday!!
- What got you into reading?
I don’t really remember exactly, but when I was in first grade, we used to have library as a separate period, and I just fell in love with the books, I guess.
- At what age did you start reading?
When I was 6 years old, I used to read those really thin books. I read my first Enid Blyton when I was 7, I think. But yeah, I have been reading practically my entire life.
- If you had to pick only one book and read it (and nothing else) for the rest of your life, what would that book be, and why?
No, no, I absolutely refuse to do this, I am sorry I can’t. No.
- What was one of the first books you ever read?
I used to read those Bubbles short stories with morals and all. The first Enid Blyton book I read was The Little Toy Engine and Other Stories.
- At what time of day do you do most of your reading?
At night. I don’t mind reading anytime else, but it’s just I am freest (is that a word?) then, so.
- How/where do you find more books to put on your TBR list?
Instagram, WordPress and Goodreads.
- What do your parents think about your taste in books?
They think I should read more of non-fiction. Otherwise, they don’t really have any problem with my taste.
- What is your favorite movie of 2021 so far?
I haven’t seen many movies till now, but I can say that it’s TATB 3.
- What is your favorite book of 2021 so far?
I enjoyed The Midnight Library and Cinder the most!
- If you could blog about something other than books and movies, what would you blog about?
I do blog about something other than books and movies- I blog about poetry! (You can check out my blog here).
If I had to blog about something other than these three things, I would have an anonymous blog where I would just post about my daily life.
You have glasses and long hair?
I do have glasses but my hair isn’t too long.
- How many languages can you speak?
I can speak 2 fluently. I understand Gujarati and can speak a bit of Spanish.
- What is your Favorite color?
- Your Dream country to visit?
Um, I want to visit France, for sure. I also wish to live in the USA for a few years, because I like parts of their culture. I also think of visiting Australia.
And that’s all the questions! If you still want to ask me something, ask me in the comments and I will answer them right away!