Phew, April was a very bad month.
So, um, April was pretty tough for me, and I know you might not be interested in listening to me drone about how it sucked, so you can skip ahead, I don’t really mind.
So, my 12th grade started, and I am not gonna lie- it’s difficult. I mean, the content isn’t that difficult, but it’s just so much, and it just requires so much practice, it is bad.
Then the situation of the pandemic has worsened so much in India, and they haven’t even imposed a lockdown, when it is so necessary, and all of it has been taking a toll on my mental health. The second wave is way way way worse than the first one, it’s not a wave, it’s a tsunami.
Besides that, I just lost my second grandparent this year, my maternal grandfather. He died because of Covid, and I wasn’t so close to him, but seeing my mom like that broke my heart into a million pieces, and I honestly wasn’t ready for that. It was so sudden, and my family had just gotten over the death of my grandma, (who had died earlier this year), that this was a huge shock.
And I just had my first ever panic attack. I have never had panic attacks, and I didn’t ever intend to have them. And I have been under stress before, but it wasn’t ever so hard. Ugh, I hate what I am now.
So yeah, it’s been pretty bad, but you are not here to listen to me whining, so let’s get to the official wrap up!
P.S.- On the upside though, I was sorta productive this month, so yay!
Books I read this month:
Bookwise too, I just read three books this month, which might be the lowest I have read in over an year. I was going to start the Shadow And Bone trilogy, but with so much going on, I just don’t think I was in the headspace to read things. I did watch a few seasons of Friends, and while I haven’t finished it, I am enjoying it quite a lot!
- Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
- Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
Movies I watched this month:
I watched quite a few films this month, but I reviewed just two of them:
I concluded the blogger interviews this month, and since I haven’t had time to do a post with all the interviews’ links in it, I will try and do one in May. Meanwhile, here are the ones that took place this month!
- Blogger Interview with April
- Blogger Interview with Flora
- Blogger Interview with Ritz
- Blogger Interview with Saumya
So, I did a lot of tags this month…. after all, after three months of doing precisely zero tags, I had to catch up!
- The Enola Holmes Book Tag
- The Aesthete Blogger Award
- The Bookworm’s Tag
- Peer Pressure Tag
- Meet the Book Blogger Tag
- The Feelings Tag
I just did one discussion post- Advice for New Bloggers!
- I did a bookish quiz on What Type of Book Nerd Am I.
- Another quiz I tried was Which Romance Book Trope Am I.
- And a third quiz on Which Role Would I play as a character in a book.
Among Other Things:
- We reached 500 followers people! I reacted to people’s first impressions of me. Read the thank you post here! We also reached 550, so yay, and thank you 🙂 🙂 🙂
- I also answered your questions as a blogiversary special! Click here to read the post!
- I asked you all to name books and I would dedicate a song to them in a post HERE. I did the first part here, but I haven’t done another part, so if you wanna name some books, go ahead and fill the comments!
- I asked y’all to name a few characters and write a small bio for them, and I would swipe right or left according to what I feel for them! HERE’S the link if you still wanna submit some bios!
Music I heard this month
Okay, my playlist officially crossed 100 songs. I had all Why Don’t We songs along with Taylor’s version of Fearless. I also had a few other songs. My Top 5 favourite songs of the month were:
- Fallin’ (Adrenaline) by Why Don’t We
- deja vu by Olivia Rodrigo
- Mr. Perfectly Fine by Taylor Swift
- Taking You by Why Don’t We
- That’s When by Taylor Swift
Posts I Liked By Other Bloggers:
I am gonna be honest, I wasn’t that active this month. There was too much going on and there just wasn’t enough time.
And that’s all for this wrap-up! I hope you had a good April and here’s to hoping that we all have a good May! Stay safe and wear a mask!