So, I thought of taking a hiatus from my hiatus and post the monthly wrap up of May! Also, a lot of you guys were asking if I am going to be back from my hiatus like ever, and the answer is yes, I will be back. If all goes well, you can expect me to return in the second week of June!
Meanwhile, let’s move on to the monthly wrap-up!
I ended up reading a lot of books this month, but instead of reviewing them here, I reviewed them on Goodreads, so I am gonna be linking my reviews on Goodreads here. Those reviews aren’t too much in detail, as I just wrote them so I would be able to record what I was thinking of the book in short.
I did review two books on my blog though, and they are:
Books I reviewed on Goodreads:
- 10 Truths and a Dare by Ashley Elston
- Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter
- What’s Not to Love by Emily WIbberly
- The Secret Recipe of Moving On by Karen Bischer
- Excuse Me While I Ugly Cry by Joya Goffney (A must-read)
- The Yearbook by Holly Bourne
- Love in English by Maria Andreu
- The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
- The Off Limits Rule by Sarah Adams (It Happened in Nashville #1) [My review’s just one sentence in this one, lol. All you need to know, it’s a light sweet read)
- The Temporary Roomie by Sarah Adams (It Happened in Nashville #2)
- The Match by Sarah Adams (It Happened in Charleston #1)
- The Enemy by Sarah Adams (It Happened in Charleston #2)
- Confessions of a Chatterbox by Abigail Davies (Confessions #2)
- Confessions of a Frat girl by Abigail Davies (Confessions #3)
- Falling for Your Best Friend’s Twin by Emma St. Clair (Love Cliches #1)
- Well Played by Jen DeLuca (Well Met #2)
- Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
Oh my gosh, I didn’t realise I read so much! To think I just read three books in April, and now over 20 in May! Also, please don’t judge me for reading so much romance. I normally don’t read so much romance, but I need those happy endings in my life right now.
I did literally zero reviews this month- but I did watch a movie- Ocean’s Eleven.
I also watched the Friends Reunion, and got literal goosebumps. It was….. something
Book Tags and Awards:
I did a few book tags and awards this month.
I have laid out the drafts for all pending tags (Except the Outstanding Blogger Awards I was nominated for, since the results for it are out), and you can expect me to be spamming your readers with tags.
So, Pannaga @The Tomboy’s Attic did a few quizzes of emojis and since I enjoyed them, I decided to do my own series of them. It was really fun and most of this month’s post constituted of them.
- Taylor Swift Songs as Emojis
Answers to Taylor Swift Songs as Emojis
- Pop Songs as Emojis
Answers to Pop Songs as Emojis
- Books As Emojis
Answers to Books as Emojis
- Books as Emojis Part II
So I just realised I haven’t posted answers for this one, I shall do that soon, I promise.
Interactive stuff on the blog this month:
- I asked y’all to write a small speech if you were my bridesmaid- and here’s where I reacted to them.
- I also asked all of you to list some books as emojis and I would try and guess them. I haven’t reacted to them yet, so you can click here and contribute if you wish.
- I asked all of you to name some songs and I would let you know my first impressions to them. I haven’t done that either, so you can click here to contribute if you haven’t
Among Other Things:
- I won the Outstanding Blogger Award!!!!
- I reacted to Bookish Memes for the third time!
- The poetry anthology in which my poem is gonna appear, will probably finally come out this month. Yay!
Music I listened to this month:
So, this month I heard a lot of music.
- I listened to a bunch of Taylor Swift, for some reason. I listened to her old songs like Style, Mean, Bad Blood etc., but I also listened to a bit of Lover, reputation, evermore and folklore
- I listened to two songs by Why Don’t We- Fallin’ and Grey
- I listened to a few songs by Conan Grey like Generation Why, The Story, Overdrive and Astronomy
- I discovered a new artist- Ava Max and gave her songs like Sweet but Psycho, Not Your Barbie Girl and Salt a shot.
- I listened to I Found You by Andy Grammer
- I also enjoyed Joshua Bassett’s new single- Feel Something
- I listened to Niall Horan’s songs too- Heartbreak Weather, No Judgement and Black and White to name a few.
- I enjoyed Sour so much! I think I might do an album review- my first ever, for the album if I get the time! My favourites are good 4 u, jealousy, jealousy and brutal!
- I fell in love with Niall Horan and Anne Marie’s new song Our Song. It’s so amazing and it’s my favourite song right now!
Posts I Liked Around the Blogosphere:
- Ashmita @The Fictional Journal made a tag on the album Olivia Rodrigo put out- The Sour Album Book Tag. I intend to do this tag. Click here to see the original post!
- Akriti @Recipe of Life is doing an interactive series where you can anonymously rant about stuff. Make sure you contribute here!
- Evin @A Curly Sue’s Ramblings did an album review of Sour!
- Rachel @A Bookworm’s Paradise did a post on the importance of parents in a fantasy series!
- Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner did a discussion on books that made her cry and why she loves them!
And that’s it for May! I hope you had a good month, and I hope you have a good June! Comment down below your highlight of May!