I was nominated for the Aesthete Blogger Award yet again by Bex @Bex the Bibliophile, Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner and Sep @Bookishly Yours. Thanks Bex and Sep for the nomination, and guys go follow their blogs for awesome bookish content!
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Asmita@ the Fictional Journal) and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me a something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
Something in this world that I admire
Books and their authors.
My favourite form of creativity
I love all forms of creativity!
Something I created:
It’s a pretty simple canvas painting, my favourite of the ones I have done yet.
- What do you think is the most beautiful book you have seen?
Umm… no book really comes to my mind to be honest. I have yet to see a book which makes me go- Oh my gosh, this is beauty in its purest form!
- If you could be transported into any book, which one would you pick?
Any contemporary YA romance- because there’s a Happily Ever After there always!
- What is you favourite scent?
There’s this plant called Moringa, and I used a body wash which was scented with it, and I fell in love with it.
- What is the one thing you would have to take to a desert island?
- If you could do one thing without the fear of Covid. What would it be?
Eat outside in restaurants, and eat streetside Pani Puri. I miss it so much.
- What is the closest thing to magic?
Reading and childbirth.
- What movie really took you by surprise and changed your view point forever?
Uh, wow, this is a difficult question…. to which I really can’t think of an answer.
- What is a weird food combination really enjoy?
Sugar, rice and rajma (Kidney beans). Like I love rajma chawal (An Indian dish), with sugar. Yes, I am weird and I know it.
- If you and a book character of your choice could travel back in time and take your younger self to try out one activity they’ve never done before, how would you spend your day? (Any changes resulting from this outing would obviously impact the present once you return)
Uh, I don’t know honestly. I was a pretty active kid, and there’s nothing I think missed out in my childhood. Or my teen years for that matter. I most probably have, but I don’t think I have. Or at least I can’t remember.
Oh wait, I never had dinner with a fictional character, so there you go, that’s my answer!
- Shuffle your current music playlist and tell me something about the first three songs that come up!
So actually these days I am listening to music I used to listen over an year ago, and the playlist’s pretty random, so well.
Song 1: Maps by Maroon 5
Oh, this is one of my favourite songs by Maroon 5. And the lyrics are so sweet honestly! Like it’s sorta a person in heartbreak trying to win his love back, and it’s just sweet honestly. I love the song.
When all the roads you took came back to me– Maps by Maroon 5
So I’m following the map that leads to you
Song 2: The Hanging Tree
Well, I assume a lot of you are familiar with this song? Remember that song from The Hunger Games? Yep. It’s so slow and mournful and well, morbid to some extent, but I like this song! I even learnt it on the guitar!
Song 3: Style by Taylor Swift
Okay, legit, this is one of my favourite songs by Taylor Swift. The beat, oh god, the beat- it’s SO good. And that guitar riff. And of course, Taylor’s voice. I mean, I fell in love with the song the first time I heard it. It was instalove people, it was instalove!
- What bizarre combination of plot elements would you love to see in a book one day?
Ooh, nice question. Difficult, but nice. Okay, it could start with being, you know, a normal teen high school romance, where you know either the girl or the boy has a single parent, in this case the mother. Now, the mother never told the son/daughter the identity of the father, but turns out he is the head of a mafia, and well, something something happens and boom! Happy ending. The end.
Okay, I was kidding, this was really off the top of my head, but like I don’t like to predict books, since I like to be surprised, and that’s probably why I can read so much romance. Oh, it all makes sense now. Anyhow, yeah, I will gobble in whatever these author people give me.
- If you had to choose to give up two of the following forever, which would you keep in your life: literature, music or the visual arts?
ALL OF THEM OKAY? Nothing can ever happen that will make me give up any of these, so no fake scenarios people! I CANNOT CHOOSE!
I am sorry that came out a little rude- No offense Naemi, awesome question, just not meant for me.
People I nominate:
- Alex @The Scribe Owl
- Ahaana @Windows to Worlds
- Pooja G @Lifesfinewhine
- Cherry @Letters to the Lost
- Phoenix @Books With Wings
- Katie @Whispering Pages
- Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
- How would your best friend describe you
- What would you name your boat if you had one? (I was legit watching a Friends episode before I was writing this part of the post- and Joey had just won that boat, so well, that’s where this came from)
- What’s the most useless talent you have?
And that’s all people!! Let me know in the comments what would you name a boat if you had one!