Hey everyone! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
I cannot believe August is over too *hums Taylor Swift’s lyrics: August slipped away into a moment in time*! Like can you believe 2022 is in four months?! My birthday’s in three?! Didn’t I just turn 16?
Anyway, I have to say I am fairly surprised that stuff didn’t go online again. Indians are taking zero precautions, no one is wearing masks, people are going out like crazy (Just yesterday I turned down a plan with my friends since they wanted to go out and eat. I mean the cases are down, that doesn’t mean our guard should be down too.) and the cases still haven’t gone up. Thankfully.
Meanwhile, I feel like the world’s going crazy, what with Taliban taking over Afghanistan, protests in Thailand, COVID in US going up and wildfires in Europe. The world’s literally on the brink of collapse. I mean, it rained in Greenland for the first time ever! August was honestly crazyyyy.
But let’s back to my tiny world: this blog. Let’s begin the wrap-up!
*Goes and hides in a corner.*
*Realises people are waiting for her to actually say something*
So… *clears throat*
Brain: Psst, speak louder.
Fine, I haven’t read a single book in August. And I know, I know, I should at least try to read one, or I should have reviewed one I read before, but hey, August was busy, okay?
And anyway, I did start reading a book (and ordered multiple others! First ever Book Haul, coming right up!), and I sorta like it, despite the fact that I hated the one other book I have read by the author.
But… stay tuned for the review, because I am halfway through it!
So, I did find time to watch a movie this month, and I ended up watching a super patriotic, super amazing biopic titled Shershaah, based on the life of Captain Vikram Batra, who played a pivotal role in winning India the Kargil War. Click here to check out my review.
Book Tags and Awards:
I began a new category this month, wherein I reviewed songs. The songs I reviewed are as follows!
So, as some of you know, I also run a poetry blog, and I decided that I should list the poems I write in my monthly wrap-up here. So here is the list of poems I wrote this month!
- All the times I was scared
- Why love when it hurts so much?
- The Polaroid
- Calling Out Sexism
- The Prince I never Found
- Am I Becoming So Bad?
Other Posts I did throughout the month:
- Reacting to Bookish Memes | Take 4 and Take 5
- Bookish Quizzes #6 | Who is my literary soulmate?
- Book Character Tinder | Part I and Part II and Part III (I loved these posts so much, you can expect me to do a retake of it!)
- AND WE HIT 700 FOLLOWERS PEOPLE! CHECK THE POST WHERE I DID YOUR DARES AND REVEALED SOME THINGS ABOUT ME, HERE!
- And last but not the least, don’t forget to fill the feedback form here!
Music I listened to this month:
My favourite song of the month was, hands down, Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran. Like oh my god, the song is pure gold.
Other music I loved this month was:
- Zero O’ Clock by BTS
- Stand By Me by Skylar Grey
- KESI by Shawn Mendes and Camilo
- Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez
- A few 2018 Billie Eilish songs like bury a friend, wish you were gay and bad guy
- 2002 by Anne Marie
- Rewrite the Stars by Anne Marie and James Arthur
- Visiting Hours by Ed Sheeran
I also rediscovered some of my old favourites like:
- Let Me Love You by DJ Snake and Justin Bieber
- Cold Water by Major Lazer and Justin Bieber
- Believer by Imagine Dragons
- On My Way by Alan Walker, Faruko and Sabrina Capenter
- Up All Night by 1D
- Hall of Fame by The Script and will.i.am
- Maps by Maroon 5
- Chained to the Rhythm by Katy Perry
- The Days and The Nights by Avicii
- Here With Me by Marshmello and CHVRCHES
- Glad You Came by The Wanted
- All We Know by The Chainsmokers
- Burn by Ellie Goulding
- Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn Mallik and Sia
- i hate u, i love u by gnash and Olivia O’ Brien
- Heroes by Alesso
- I took a pill in Ibiza by Mike Posner and Seeb
Some amazing posts around the blogosphere this month:
- Evin @A Curly Sue’s Ramblings did a post titled The Truth About Blogging which discusses hardships bloggers have to face at times.
- Rayna @Ray’s Realm and Sep @Bookishly Yours did a collab and did two posts on taking songs the sarcastic way. Find the two posts here and here
- Sumedha @The Wordy Habitat did a post on how to maintain your blog, which was super useful.
- Krupali @Musing of Souls did a post on the list of companies that organize blog tours for books which is really helpful for bloggers, bookstagrammers and authors!
- Cherelle @A Bolt Out of a Book did a really amazing post titled ‘If You Like that Marvel Movie, read this book!’ This was one of my favourite posts all month!
- Sep @Bookishly Yours did a post reacting to her middle school reviews. Honestly, if I wrote reviews back then, I would definitely have stolen this idea!
- Rachel @A Bookworm’s Paradise did a post on Books as Roadtrips, which I found super fun and innovative to read!
- Emily @Frappes and Fiction did a post on 5 oddly specific categories of fiction books, which was super amazing and too be honest, a tad bit eerie, because the books are actually so similar!
- Bertie @The Luminosity Library did a post on the relevance of the blogging community today, which was so good!! She also completed one year of blogging, so head to her blog and congratulate her, pals!
Chelle @Chelle’s Book Ramblings, did a similar post on whether or not is the Book Blogging community dying?
- Pannaga @State of Craze has started her own monthly E-Magazine- The Lost Letters! Don’t forget to contribute guys!
- Pooja @Lifesfinewhine did a post on how to increase your blog traffic, if it’s decreased due to some reason. I found it helpful, and I hope so do you!
- Jayati @It’s Just A Coffee Addicted Bibliophile did a post on how to cut down your TBR. Well, it is a serious problem, so all the book lovers reading this, why don’t you just check this post out?
- On, 27th August, I was like, I think there aren’t going to be many good posts out anymore, and I think I will post my wrap up early this month. But no! Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner did an awesome post describing blogging dos and don’ts in celebration of 400 followers! Make sure you check the post out, especially all new bloggers!
- The bloggers over at teatimelit are hosting a readathon in September if anyone’s interested! Click on the link to read about it! I honestly wanted to sign up, but September’s already super busy, I can’t guarantee if I will be able to read so much!
Blogs I discovered this month
This is another new category I will be including in my wrap-ups from hereon, ensuring that I blog hop a little. I will just be mentioning 3 blogs I liked best.
Blogging Goals for September 2021
- We have the blogger interviews coming up so I hope those go smoothly
- Review at least a few books.
- Review at least one movie.
- Review a few songs
- Complete pending tags and pending posts
- Do a few ✨unique✨ posts (Speaking off, I have got a few interesting interactive things lined up, so stay tuned on the blog!)
I am so scared to be going into September- there’s so much happening, there are my exams, my first term boards are coming, I have got a few assignments, so please don’t be surprised if I am barely able to keep up with the blogger interviews, let alone anything else.
And that’s all about August! My August was okayish… I guess? How was yours? How many books did you read? Let me know in the comments!