Hey guys! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
So, in early September, I asked all of you to comment your unpopular bookish opinions, and I got a very good response! Thank you for that, first off. And secondly, let’s get to reading and reacting to them!
1. When reading this post, please keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinions
2. No hate in the comments please!
3. The unpopular opinions are in italics and my reactions in normal font
1. Maddie @Inking and Thinking and Carl @The Pine- Scented Chronicles
Okay so an unpopular opinion I have is The Night Circus is overhyped and it’s not as good as everyone says it is.
Okay, honestly, the synopsis makes it sound super awesome! And it has a super high rating on Goodreads. And I just asked a friend of mine, and she liked it too….. But then, I saw the reviews of some of my Goodreads friends, and they don’t like it very much either…. so, well, I am conflicted.
Fun Fact: I was doing one of those Instagram reel things, where they have a lot of books going at a great speed, and you have to then pause the video, and whichever book you land on, that’s supposed to be your next read. And the day I reacted to this opinion, that day I came across one of these, and guess which book I had to read next- The Night Circus!! Coincidence much?!
2. Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner
1. The Shatter Me, A Song of Ice and Fire, and Throne of Glass series are extremely overrated.
I don’t know about Shatter Me and A Song of Ice and Fire (Although I have heard they are very good books), Naemi, Throne of Glass is not overrated! It’s a good series, albeit a tad too long.
2. Deckled edges are super pretty.
Who said they aren’t? Especially if they are coloured, it’s just WOW.
3. The Harry Potter movies are a bad adaptation. Especially after Goblet of Fire, they cut so much that the movies barely make sense if you haven’t read the books.
That’s… an unpopular opinion? I mean, everyone knows the Harry Potter movies suck, it’s news to no one, literally no one.
4. I actually like the trope where love interests are separated for a longer period of time. It gives both people the chance to grow as characters and the reunions are always the best thing ever!
These romances, and the slow burn ones where the love interests don’t realise they like each other, albeit painful, are DA BEST! But good execution’s a must in these, otherwise they suckity suck.
5. A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes is an amazing prequel to The Hunger Games. I know you haven’t read this one yet, but please don’t listen to all the haters (a.k.a. everyone except me, apparently) and at least give it a chance!
I have actually read this book, but I don’t hate it. I mean I personally love the storyline, but I just don’t like Suzanne Collins writing style in this one. So, it’s an eh for me.
3. Zoe @Random Thoughts of my Fandoms
1. Jason Grace was overrated
I do NOT like Jason Grace. He’s like that perfect guy, who is creepily perfect, and hence, no one likes him. Percy is so much better than him. Honestly, I am glad about what happened to him.
2. Keefe Sencen deserves more than Sophie, but everyone else is even more shallow
I haven’t read KOTLC.
*Locks all the doors and windows of her house, so that people don’t come to kill her*
3. Gale (Something) SUCKS AND YOU KNOW IT
ABSOLUTELY NOT, PEETA SUCKS. GALE GOOD, PEETA BAD.
4. Harry Potter is overrated (the books)
I am conflicted on this one, because I remember how good it was to to read them for the first time, but well then, since then my reading has matured, and the books do seem a bit kiddish. So, I don’t know honestly, but whatever be the case, they’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
4. Corrie @Miraculus Homeschool
1. I don’t like harry potter.
I shared my views on this above so…..
2. The hunger games 1 and 2 books are great. The 3rd is not so good.
So, I actually forget where the books separate once I have finished the series, so I had to go back to my review for this one (Please do not read it, I did not have good blogging skills back then). And I didn’t like the third book as much as the first two either!
3. Romance is not great in books
I LOVE BOOKS WITH ROMANCE. I literally haven’t read a book which doesn’t have some aspect of romance since I don’t know when! Maybe back in 6th or 7th grade, I read a book with zero romance. Books don’t work for me if they don’t have some romance. For example, if there was zero chemistry between Kaz and Inej in Six of Crows, (It’s not a spoiler, you literally sense that they are going to get together in the first chapter), the book would NOT have worked for me. So, I strongly disagree.
Also, yes, this was worth the two GIFs.
4. The movies are never as good as the books.
I mean, who doesn’t think that? Except, of course, bookworms. But I will pick books over movies ANY day.
Kaya @A Fictional Bookworm
1. Love triangles are great when well-written.
I mean, everybody hates love triangles for some reason, I personally don’t! Like even enemies to lovers can suck, when not well-written, so if a love triangle sucks, it might not be the fault of the trope, that’s all I am saying!
2. Illuminae has a cool visual format, other than that it’s completely boring.
I haven’t read it, but believe me, it’s on my TBR!
3. Hermione and Harry should have ended up together because they 100% had the most chemistry!
I mean, I see where you are coming from, but I seriously don’t know…..
1. Katniss is an overrated character
I mean, she definitely was given more importance than she deserved in the books, like I get that she’s the MC, but the spotlight was always on her. Ms. Collins, there are other characters!
2. Foxface needed more importance
3. Dystopian books are better than fantasy.
I actually enjoy dystopia more than fantasy too! No offence to all the fantasy lovers out there!
Maya @Pretty Little Scribbles
1. Love triangles are awesome. (so many people say that i’m afraid it’s popular now, haha)
Well, ironically someone else did say that as well, and I already shared my views on it there!
2. Enemies to lovers who scream “because i love you!” >>>> enemies to lovers
I mean, it’s the moment of reveal, and then the other person goes, “You what…..?” and then they go, “No, nothing.”, and then they kiss, and your insides melt and you are like oh my god, I want this!
*Totally me not going and crying in the corner because I never got this*
3. “I’m not like other girls” isn’t a bad trope when written well
I totally agree, because come on, there’s no one in the world whose like me, or you! Every girl is actually unique, and all girls come with separate dramas, so if pulled off well, it is a good trope.
4. contemporary romances >>> fantasy romances
I mean, I do read more contemporary romances, so I guess I do like them more? But well, fantasy romances aren’t bad either!
And that’s it for this part! I will
try to be back soon with the second part! Don’t forget to comment your unpopular opinions here, if you haven’t already! Also, let me know in the comments, which unpopular opinion did you agree with?
P.S.- Were the GIFs too many? Be honest!