Funnily enough, the first ever wrap-up that I ever wrote was of the month September in 2020. I think. Or was that August? Well, technically it was posted in September, so heh.
Hey guys! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
So, apparently, September’s over too. Huh.
September was a pretty busy month for me, and I, for one, am surprised I blogged as much as I did.
I had my midterms this month, and boy, were they exhausting. The chemistry paper literally was weird- it had questions that were not even in the syllabus! The math paper was impossible to complete in 1.5 hours- it was so lengthy! It was easy, but lengthy. On the other hand though, English and Physical Education (Yes, I have that as a theory subject), were so simple, that I finished those papers in 20 minutes. 20. Even though I spent just, like, two hours studying for each of them. I mean, I literally attended a party one day before the PE exam. I literally did not study for Physics, and it was super super difficult, so I am probably going to fail in it. Heh.
Besides all of that, I fell ill as well, although I am fine now. And I went to a party, acted like the socially awkward buffoon I am, so that’s that. And I had to take a decision on what I should do in my life, so that was super draining as well.
Aside from all of that, while the blogger interviews are fun, they also force me to stick to a schedule, and I literally can’t stick to schedules. And then there was all that work we had to do on Miss Americana and Us (new collab blog- don’t forget to follow, thank you). I am not complaining, but it’s just exhausting, phew.
I also feel like I haven’t blogged at all in September, which I know is not true, but I haven’t done a lot of…. conventional posts, if I might just call them that. Like I did just a couple of book reviews, just a couple book tag, no movie reviews, no song reviews. So, well, I feel like I need to ask you guys if y’all are cool with the less amount of conventional posts, and more of the sorts of posts I have done this month.
Anyway, enough with the moaning and the rambling, let’s get on to the wrap-up!
Books I read this month:
I read 4 books this month! Progress (Considering I read 0 books last month)!!!
- It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey- ⭐⭐⭐.5 stars
- The Places I’ve Cried in Public by Holly Bourne
- What Would the Aunties Say by Anchal Seda
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria- ⭐⭐⭐.5 stars
Currently Reading: Loveless by Alice Oseman
Movies and TV shows I watched this month:
Well, I watched The Kissing Booth 3 this month, and can I just say- What the hell was that?! I mean the trailer seemed so cool, and the movie so…. abstract. It was blegh.
I also finally watched Loki, and boy, it was something! I can’t wait for season 2!
Songs I Heard This Month:
So, as I mentioned above, I didn’t review a single song this month. That’s because I mostly listened to Taylor Swift music this month, and well, I don’t feel like reviewing her songs, because they are all so good!. I also heard a few songs from my old playlists so that’s that.
There were three new additions in my playlist though-
1. Visiting Hours by Ed Sheeran
2. Shivers by Ed Sheeran
3. My Universe by Coldplay ft. BTS
4. Wildest Dreams (Taylor’s version) by Taylor Swift- It is so much better than the original one!!
I am super excited for October though, music-wise, since Why Don’t We’s releasing new music, and so is Ed Sheeran! I am so so so excited, and super stoked! I also did a post celebrating the five years of Why Don’t We by sharing my favourite songs! Click here to read it!
I also shared my favourite song lyrics! Click here to read that post!
Book Tags and Awards:
I didn’t do a lot of book tags/ awards this month, because I just didn’t feel like typing those posts, which has led to my tag pile having a total of 12 pending tags, where last month I had managed to bring it down to two. So, well, the next few months might be a bit heavy on tags, hehe.
However, I did do two tags-
I did just two discussion posts this month. The first was titled Running a Book Blog without actually reading books?!?!. Yeah, yeah, I know, I might be crazy, but the post maketh sense! So, check it out!
The second one was 5 Struggles of Being an Indian Reader, which is a personal favourite of mine.
Reacting to……. Posts I did this month:
Since I usually end up reacting to something or the other every month, I have decided to make this a category for a monthly wrap-up.
This month, there were two posts which fall into this category:
Blogger Interviews/Guest Posts:
I can’t believe a month of blogger interviews is over already!
- Blogger Interview with Maddie
- Blogger Interview with Rachel
- Guest Post with Rudrani
- Blogger Interview with Simran
- Blogger Interview with Corrie
- Guest post with Nehal
- Blogger Interview with Christina
Poetry I wrote this month:
So, as some of you might know, I have a separate poetry blog, and here’s a list of poems I wrote this month:
- I am in tears
- How Could I Be So Naive?
- Do You Remember?
- Whirlpool of Sh*t
- Leave me alone
- Fury into fuel
- Lock Yourself In
Among Other Things:
- I did my first ever Book Haul post on the blog! Read it here!
- I also asked y’all to contribute your bookish unpopular and popular opinions, so click here and here to do that!
- Along with three other bloggers, I started a new collab blog- Miss Americana and Us, which is basically a Taylor Swift fan page! Do follow, guys!
Awesome posts I read this month:
- Pooja @Lifesfinewhine wrote a poem on evolving into the person you are today titled I love who I have become
- J @The Midnight Book Blog did a post, sharing Tips on writing book reviews
- Pavithra @Small Talks did a very nice post on having blogger friends, or even people in our schools or colleges we haven’t actually met yet, and just know them through video calls. The post’s titled Should I Call You Online Bestie or A Known Stranger
- Maddie @Inking and Thinking did a helpful post on what she likes in book blogs, plus she even gave me a shoutout for having creative posts, which was incredibly sweet of her!
- Saima @Stories With Saima completed six months of blogging and did a post on 6 things she learnt in this time, which is a must-read for every newbie!
- Aria @Book Nook Bits did a post recommending 11 books with bisexual recommendation for bisexual visibility week, and it’s a very good list, honestly!
- Evin @A Curly Sue’s Ramblings did a post sharing Tips for having an organized blog, which is a must-read for all newbies out there!
Blogs I discovered month:
- Far From Perfect (I know, I know, technically I did not discover the blog, it’s my best friend’s, but honestly, the poems she writes deserve a shout-out anyway)
- Random Specific Thoughts
- Callie’s Tales
- Library in the Tower
And I believe that’s it for September’s wrap-up! Whew, that was a long one- but well, a lot happened in September! I am not really looking forward to October- midterm marks, board prep at a high, it’s gonna be tiring! But there’s good music coming as well, so well. How was your September? Are you looking forward to October? Let me know in the comments!
P.S.-1 Sorry, for the super long wrap-up.
P.S.-2 I might take a semi-hiatus in October- I will still put out the blogger interviews, but not so much the other posts.