Hey Guys! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
So, I was like having this super weird train of thought where my brain took me from a soap opera someone was watching to this topic (don’t ask, it’s pretty normal), and I thought it was a pretty good idea!
- Why do you always have your nose buried in a book? Come, talk to people.
Be honest, how many times has someone older than you has said this to you. Well, it’s multiple times for me, honestly! They don’t seem to understand I am reading the book because I don’t want to talk to people.
And then ironically, they say this..
- Why do you always have your nose buried in your phone? You should read some more.
How do you know I am not reading? Literally, how?
- What are you reading? Oh, what’s it about?
Okay, you can drop the pretense, both of us know you aren’t interested. Go away, and let me read.
- You are reading a romance novel? *makes a judgy face*
YES, I AM READING A ROMANCE NOVEL. I mean, it’s my choice what I want to read. I am entitled to read whatever I want. I like reading about happily ever afters so I’ll read them! Boo!
- Oh, you are an avid reader? Have you read XYZ book? You haven’t? Huh.
I am an avid reader, not an all book knowing reader. If you want to recommend a book to me, sure go ahead. Don’t judge me for not having read it!
- You don’t read non-fiction? Then what’s the point of reading at all?
EXCUSE ME?! Do you not realise I read to escape this world? Sure, I don’t mind reading the occasional non-fiction novel, but reading just non-fiction? Nuh-uh
- Oh, you like to read? *mutters ‘what a nerd’*
Not everyone who reads is a nerd! Well, I am a nerd, but doesn’t mean everyone is! I have a couple of friends who read, but are most definitely not nerds! Stop generalising us and putting us into the same category!
And that’s all for today! Did you relate to this? Let me know in the comments some other things you, as a bookworm, are tired of hearing!