Hey everyone! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
Today, I’ll be doing a book tag: The Reader’s Problems Book Tag. I was tagged by Harini @Book Spiral, who actually has a pretty awesome blog- so do give it a visit!
This tag was originally started by Frappes and Fiction, who also has a fabulous blog, and you must visit it too!
Let’s get into it!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I am a mood reader. That is also part of the reason I don’t make TBRs, because I know I won’t really ever be able to stick to it!
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I tend to finish the book, even if I am not liking it much, but if it’s unbearingly unlovable (for me), then I do DNF it.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Aaah, this happened to me this year! So, basically by the end of November I was at 88 out of 96 books. And I was like, hmm, 8 books, doable in December. Buuut, then, the first two weeks I did not read a single word, because my brains were flying everywhere because of boards and literally couldn’t concentrate. As of today, the day I am writing this post – 23rd December, I am at 91 books- 5 books away, 8 days left, so well, I don’t know! I mean, I’ll definitely try to catch up, by reading wayy too much than I should haha.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I cope by consoling and telling that when I start earning, I’ll unhaul those books, and buy a new set with matching covers, haha.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
No one? Like I post a review on Goodreads or on my blog, and then I am fine. My views are out there, that’s enough for me!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I have a heart of stone- I have just cried on a book once, and that too only because I was naive and a kid. So, I don’t cry over a book.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I’ll probably just skim read the book again, or just maybe go through the summary on the internet.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Okay, so I didn’t really have a lot of problem with giving my books away before, but in the past couple of years, I have developed this thing. I am not sure what to attribute it too, but well, that’s not the point.
So, most people around me talk to me via text, and they are like can you give me this book? and I am like sure. But when we meet, I ‘forget’ the book, and then who knows when we’ll meet next. I am evil- MWA HAHAHAHA.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Normally, I reread books I love and get over it, but this Sept-Oct, that didn’t work. So, well I stopped for a while, and then picked up an easy read, that too, in a new-to-me format- audiobooks. So, well, yeah, I got over it!
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Honestly, I just buy books that are published before, or the ones that aren’t too expensive. I mean, The Love Hypothesis was a new release I wanted to buy, but it simply wasn’t worth the money. Most books have an extra shipping price because they have to be shipped to India, so I just download the ebook for those.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
I still haven’t read the books I got for my last birthday, let alone this one. I think that answers your question.
- Georgia @Lost in Neverland
- Laura @The Corner of Laura
- Zezee @Zezee with books
- Malka @Paper Procastinators
- and YOU!
I hope you enjoyed reading this post! If you do this tag, don’t forget to link back, I would love to read your answers!