Hey everyone! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
So, it’s the last day of the year. Of what has been a terrible, terrible year. God, I am so happy to leave it all behind. But well, you know what? We are going into 2022 *almost* the same way we went into 2021- expecting a COVID wave to hit us anytime. So do I have any hopes? Nope. And that’s why my soul is dead.
Anyway let’s talk about December. Well, my boards got over, so yay! I had a fun time after that, got together with a few friends, read books, watched a couple of films, blogged as much as I could. Yes, yes that all sounds very rosy, but was it, really? No. I mean, the boards getting over was relieving, but everytime I met with my friends I had social anxiety, something I’ve had before, but not with my four close friends I have met with gazillions of times. And I couldn’t even like, tell anyone, without them going on about some reason that totally was not true. So, well, there was that. As for books, I kinda had to push myself to finish my GR goal, which I still haven’t, and I know it’s wrong, but oh well, what can you do? The highlight of the month was definitely movies- NO WAY HOME WAS SO AWESOME. I also watched a couple others which were fun too! I also watched Only Murders in the Building, and it was also so coool!!!!
I was honestly unable to blog a lot, most of my posts this month were scheduled. As for January, I have no clue what I’m gonna do, since I have really less ideas.
Whoa, sorry for that rant, but it’s just been… tiring.
Anyway let’s get to the wrap-up!
I didn’t read a single book in the first two weeks of the month, but I ended up reading 9 in the last two weeks- because of the GR reading challenge, which I can proudly say, I completed! I didn’t really review any books on the blog, though. I just didn’t feel like it.
These are the books I read:
- You’ll Be the Death of Me: ⭐⭐⭐.5
- You Should See Me in a Crown:⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- Killer Content: ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Curses and Kisses:⭐⭐⭐.25
- From Twinkle, With Love: ⭐⭐⭐
- How Hard Can Love Be?: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do?: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Without Merit: ⭐⭐
- Ranji’s wonderful bat and other stories: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (Ngl, this is a kid’s book that I had left unread and literally read it to complete my GR challenge, lol)
Movies and TV shows:
Well, I watched like 3 movies this month, but I didn’t review any one of them, because like, mood. I watched two Hindi films- Ham Do Hamare Do (Don’t judge me, I just wanted a nonsensical film) and Sooryavanshi which was kinda good, honestly. And I watched Spiderman: No Way Home, which honestly, one of my favourite MCU films. It gave me literal goosebumps.
As for TV shows I watched Big Bang Theory a little- I am on Season 9. I also watched Only Murders in the Building, and well, I loved it! The mystery element is amazing, and the humour is top-notch. I cannot wait for the second season!!!
Wellll, it was a weird music month too. I figured after my exams I would listen to Red (TV), but I just listened to like 8, maybe 9 songs of the album. Maybe I’ll listen to the entire thing in January, who knows? Except that, I listened to a bit of 1D- a few songs from Made in the A.M. I also listened to All Night and Somebody to You by The Vamps, and I love those songs! And I heard a few songs from ~how i m feeling~ by Lauv, and I have fallen in love with those songs- Mean It, Sad Forever, Julia and so many others. I love his work, it’s literally a vibe!
I also did one song review on Stay by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber. You can find it here.
Tags and awards:
This month definitely had an abundance of tags!
- Know Your Buddy Tag
- Red Book Tag | Taylor’s Birthday Special
- Aesthete Blogger award #7
- The Liebster Award #10,11,12
- The Read-Write Contest
- Blogger Recommendations Tag
- Bookish Christmas Tag | Christmas Special
- End of the Year Book Tag
- The Reader Problems Book Tag
Ah, I am glad I got to so many tags, but I still have a bunch left, phew!
This was a very well received area of the blog this month!
- 3 Book Series I love but probably won’t if I read them again
- Types of Followers we all have-This was literally an impulse post, but the positive response was overwhelming!
- 3 Books that are my Comfort Reads
Among Other Things:
- We hit 900 followers! It’s honestly surreal, that I am like just about 55-60 followers away from a 1000 followers, and who knows, maybe I’ll hit it before my second blogiversary!
I also did a QnA- find Part I here and Part II here.
- I also asked y’all to give me book choices for Save One Drop One!
- It was my birthday this month as well, and you can check this post out here to see what I posted on that day!
- I started a separate blog for the Human Book Club– go check it out and give it a follow if you haven’t already!
On my other blogs:
You can check out all Human Book Club December posts here.
All my poems from December are here– I rather like what I wrote this month, so do check it out!
Around the Blogosphere!
These were some posts I loved around the blogosphere (The links embedded in the name of their blogs, leads to the post):
- Sahi @My World of Books did a post naming 21 of her favourite reads of 2021, and maybe I will do it too, because it looks like such a lovely idea!
- Simran @Far From Perfect wrote a beautiful poem titled Maybe It’s Okay.
- Evin @A Curly Sue’s Ramblings did a blog round-up for 2021, and who knows maybe I’ll do something similar in my 2021 wrap-up too! (That’ll be out tomorrow so stay tuned!)
- Lotus @Pages of Starlight had her one year-blogiversary- go wish her and give her a follow if you haven’t already!
- Aria @Book Nook Bits did a Let’s Talk Bookish Discussion Post highlighting the question most of us bookish peeps ask- Why Don’t People Read?, which I rather enjoyed!
Honestly, I haven’t blog-hopped a lot this month, so that’s all the posts I have! I know I have missed quite a few good posts, but with exams and the anti-Christmas spirit, I just didn’t feel like it.
That’s all I have for you on the last day of 2021! I hope you had a good month and a good year, and here’s to hoping 2022 is better!