Hey everyone! Welcome or welcome back to my blog!
Time for my monthly life rambles!
Honestly, February sucked, a bit. (My followers be like: What’s new?) I mean, there just wasn’t anything new I did. The first fifteen days flew by in a jiffy, and I had exams from the 15th. Thankfully, I had posts scheduled and a few in my drafts, because I have not written more than a couple of posts in February. And I don’t have a single one ready for March (as of February 24th- that’s when I am writing this) I also do not have many ideas for March, but, I do have a few tags pending, so maybe it’ll all work out.
February was also kinda stressful and tiring. There were just a lot of things going on with friends and school and everything. Oh, and my sleep schedule has reached new lows. It is pretty amazing, so amazing that I don’t even wanna share it here in case anyone steals it! Hence it shall only be revealed when a person asks.
Even blogging wise, nothing particularly exciting happened on the blog, so well, yeah. I did post a lot though, and we had 5k+ views for the second month in running, but nothing exceptionally crazy.
Yep, I think that’s it for February- it was pretty boring, and hence, sucked.
Oh, wait, I did attend a couple of parties in February, after a loooooong time (What, you didn’t know I was not very social from the sheer volume of posts I post?). Like, the last time I attended a proper party was in September. And I got a chance to reconnect with an old friend, which was fun too.
OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET- STRANGER THINGS S4 IS COMING.
Yeah, I think that’s about it for February, let’s get to the actual wrap up!
Books I read this month:
*looks around abashedly*
So, um, I just read one book this month for a blog tour. I am in a terrible reading slump you guys😭😭
The one book I read was Turning by Joy L. Smith and you can find the blog tour post here!
Movies and TV shows I watched:
I watched a LOT of movies this month as well, but again, they were all really trashy and honestly, I don’t even remember half their names.
As for TV shows, I started watching The Good Place, and I am two seasons into it, but when my exams hit, I went back to rewatching an old favourite- Alexa and Katie. I also ended up binging One of Us is Lying in two days- it’s awesome!
Songs I’ve heard this month:
I had a very branched out music taste this month and I loved it! My top artist was without doubt Conan Gray and I’m HOOKED to Telepath and People Watching. Here’s the link to this month’s playlist:
My Favourite Posts this month:
So, from this month onwards, instead of sharing all the posts I’ve written, I’ll share a few of my favourite posts, because let’s face it, they just make the wrap-up insanely long and boring. So, let’s see this month’s best posts (according to me)
- Writing a blog post like a YouTube video
- Books IRL
- Things I wish I could say to people in my comments vs What I actually say
- Guessing plots of books on the basis of their cover and title
- Creating Bookish Memes Part III
- Writing a blog post as a doggo
- Reasons I feel old at 17.
Also, do let me know in the comments what type of posts would you like to see more of in March!
Posts I enjoyed around the blogosphere:
Honestly, people wrote some fantastic posts this month, and these are some of my favourites!
Phoenix @Books With Wings did a post on the pressure of reviewing that comes with running a book blog and it was a wonderful read!
Emily @Frappes and Fiction wrote a post on the pitfalls of being a teen blogger, discussing how some services such as Netgalley, a public profile on Goodreads etc. are simply not accessible to us, and I related to it so much!
Lay @bookshelfsoliloquies did an amazingly creative post wherein she discussed musicians that would be on their auto-buy list if they wrote books!
Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner, being the brilliantly creative person she is, did a post wherein she imagined the way popular books would be had she been the protagonist. It’s one of my favourite posts by her, like of all time!
Maggie @Maggie’s Doodles and Diamond @I have 12% of a plan did an amazing collab wherein they guess lyrics of an English song translated to French! It was an amazing idea, I might steal it myself! Click here and here to check their posts out!
Blogs I discovered and why you should follow them!:
Okay, so every month I share a few blogs which I discovered in that month, but I never really share why YOU should follow them. So, well, I’ve decided I’ll start doing that from now on!
- Living the Blogging Life: This blog doesn’t belong to any one person, but a bunch of people post on it, and they post blogging tips, tricks and hacks which are amazing and really helpful!
- What’s My Page Again: This blog is run by a high school teacher with a passion for reading- Shelbi posts wonderful book reviews!
- Anonymously Me: Well, I honestly don’t know why I follow their blog, but they write journal entries occasionally- and what’s more it’s an anonymous blog! I love the mystery that surrounds an anonymous blog so yeah.
- Literature Lady Reviews: This blog is run by Kat, and is a relatively new blog, but she writes amazing reviews and also did a post titled Get to Know Me and well, shared 5 of her favourite books! What better way to know a person than getting to know their favourite books?!
- Lazy Lad: This is a blog dedicated to music and movies, and I don’t think I follow a blog that’s solely dedicated to these two topics, and they have just started blogging, so well, I thought to myself, why not?
- K’s Journal: This is another new blog, and they blog about journalling and stuff basically, and I am thinking about starting to journal and stuff, so yeah!
- Admist: This blog is run by two co-bloggers Snigdha and Kaashvi and they write fun stuff on lots of stuff!
And that’s all I have for February! I cannot wait for March, because March is very special for this blog- Whispering Stories turns two years old guys! My baby’s grown up so so much, and I am so proud of how far this blog has come. And I’ve got a sentimental post planned for the day, which might just make me tear up, once I actually pen it down.
So, yep, that’s my cue! Let me know what kind of posts you want to see in March (seriously, I am out of ideas.)! Adios amigos and amigas!