Hello Everybuddy! Welcome to another Tag Thursday! Today I shall be doing a Reading Challenge Announcement and a tag! Onto the tag first!
Closing the Chapter Book Tag
- Include the tag image in your post, please!
- Revert the audience to the original creator – Musing of Souls.
- Link this post to your tag content, makes it easier for me to read! (Link here.)
- Tag as many people you like!
- Do not alter the original questions, though, you are allowed to add more questions to it!
- Just enjoy!
- Chapter 1: Let me Cry :A book you loved so much that you just didn’t wish to finish it, link a song to it if possible!
Well, I am going to go with A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder. I love it so so so much!
A song I am going to say here is Maniac by Conan Gray. It is a recent favourite of mine and I really love it!
- Chapter 2: Little to biggy: A book which includes transition of age (it may have flashbacks from past, just age transformation of some sort.)
Harry Potter for sure. I was like 11 or maybe 12 when I read it and that was when I started to branch out a little. Before that, all I read was 1. Enid Blyton. 2. Enid Blyton and 3. Enid Blyton!
- Chapter 3: Just move on. A book which you just wanted to finish as you did not enjoy it.
(Please don’t hate me) The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue. I just did not enjoy it as much all the others did, so well.
- Chapter 4: Keep coming back. A book which you read again and again because you love a character so much.
Fangirl. I love Levi!
- Chapter 5: Piling up: A book which you have not opened but want to(for a long time), can be read or unread before.)
Uh, I am not so sure to be honest. Actually, I don’t think there are many books that I have been wanting to read for a long time. There are just a few popular books which I have been wanting to read for like three or four months now. Does that count as long?
- Laura @The Corner of Laura
- Rose @Wanders Between Pages
- Rebecca @Bex the Bibliophile
- Ashmita @the fictional journal
New Years Reading Challenge
I was tagged to take part in this challenge by Hundreds & Thousands of Books and thanks for this as I was looking for a read-a-thon/challenge and this seems perfect!
- Link back to the original creator (The Corner of Laura) and link back to the challenge page or the original creator won’t get a notification.
- Thank whoever tagged you and link back to their post
- Tag 5 or more other people.
- Read books that fit the description. There are some recommendations in the original post to help you pick but you can read anything that fits the brief!
- The deadline for the challenge is six weeks after you were originally tagged (which, statistically, is the point when 80% of people give up their New Year’s Resolutions) e.g. if you were tagged in the original tag, the deadline is 12th February.
- Post a wrap-up when you’re done to show how you got on.
So, the deadline to my challenge is 15th February since I was tagged on 4th January.
The books I am deciding to read:
- EXERCISE MORE: Book with 500 pages or more. Bonus challenge – read a book with 800 pages or more.
I am going to read The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton which is about 600 pages long.
- LEARN A NEW SKILL: Book from a genre you never usually read. Bonus challenge – book from a genre outside your comfort zone that was published in 2020/21
I have recently started reading Non-fiction and have read just 2 books from the genre. I am still not comfortable reading it, so the genre I choose is Non-fiction and the book I choose The Case That Shook India.
- TRAVEL MORE: Book set in a foreign country (or even world!). Bonus challenge – book that was originally published in another language.
I choose The Mystery of Three Quarters by Sophie Hannah which is set in London.
- SAVE MONEY: Read a second-hand book or any book you didn’t pay full price for. Bonus challenge – read a library book.
I do have a few second hand books but I am not in the mood to read any of those- I wish to read To Kill a Mockingbird- it is a book that I didn’t pay full price for.
- STOP PROCRASTINATING: Book that’s been on your TBR for over a year. Bonus challenge – the book at the very bottom of your TBR.
*Checks Goodreads* I will go with The Bookish Life of Nina Hill.
- SPEND TIME WITH FRIENDS: Read a book recommended by your IRL/online family or friends. Bonus challenge – read a book you wouldn’t have picked up otherwise.
I was recommended Hercule Poirot’s Christmas by an IRL friend, so that’s what I put in here!
- REDUCE STRESS: Read a happy book or anything that leaves a smile on your face. Bonus challenge – read a happy book about reducing stress/tackling mental health problems.
I am going to reread an old favourite of mine Turtles All the Way Down.
- SCREW RESOLUTIONS, I QUIT!: Re-read an old favourite. Bonus challenge – re-read an entire series
Uh, I think I will reread some novel by Kasie West, or whatever I feel like. I don’t know. I might even read the entire All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series, but I don’t know.
- Nehal @Books and Words
- Millay @Millay’s Musings
- Alissa @Alissa’s Booktopia
- Morgan @Morgan is Reading Again
- Soph @Soph’s Book World
- most importantly….
So, that’s it for today! I will see you again in my next post! Until then, adios!
P.S.- Did you like the poem I published day before yesterday? Would you want more of such poems? I cannot promise anything, but I can try. Please be honest with me. Because, I literally wrote it on a whim, I rarely ever write posts that I post immediately after writing them, I usually proof read them a couple of times. But, I didn’t really proof read the poem. Also, it was the first poem I ever actually wrote voluntarily.
Just consider me to be your friend who wants honest feedback and then let me know your thoughts.